Friday, October 19, 2007

To continue...

Coming off yesterday's R. Kelly party, I thought I'd round out the week with a related video, this one a parody by Weird Al of the Trapped in the Closet series.

This is an official Weird Al song, apparently the official video done by the guys at Dougtoons. Like the original TitC, this one is long: three parts, totaling almost 11 minutes.

Weird Al's lyrical work is astonishing; I really think this may be one of his best parodies. And I mean ever. It captures TitC perfectly, the meandering story and yet the solid rhyme and rhythm schemes, and the pure mundacity of the whole thing, and the fact that it IS, like R. Kelly aims to be, exactly how this kind of thing goes, is what makes it hilarious.

I don't want to over-analyze a Weird Al song (too late; give me a break, I gotta do SOMETHING with my English degree), but I've been a fan since "Fat", and as a fan, I gotta say: the guy wrote the hell out of this one.

So without further ado, I give you:

Trapped in the Drive-Thru.

No comments: