Thursday, October 18, 2007

IS YOU TWEAKIN'?!

I can't decide what to make of R. Kelly. Apparently he's kind of a pedophile, or at least that's the vicious rumor going around. I actually liked "I Believe I Can Fly" back in the day, but I was 13 and I liked Space Jam then, too.

Actually, that's a lie. I never liked Space Jam.

Anyway, with some of R. Kelly's latest endeavors, like his "epic" Trapped in the Closet, it's hard to tell if R. Kelly is a brilliant comedian or just insane. It's entirely possible he's both. Does he actually think he's "keepin' it real", or is his body of work one long satire of the concept?

If he is actually playing a big prank that no one but him and his pals get, R. Kelly is officially our generation's Andy Kaufman.

His latest offering in the "Is this supposed to be this funny?" category is a little track called Real Talk, a free-verse poem set to a beat, not unlike the aforementioned Trapped in the Closet. Apparently bolstered by his success with TitC, R. Kelly goes straight to the fans, producing a direct-to-YouTube video for the track.

I'll let the video speak for itself from here on:

1 comment:

MasterDarksol said...

Passion.